Tenant FAQs

Side Image 1

Who do I contact for rent and maintenance queries?

If your landlord has chosen our full management service then Quarters of Leeds will be your first point of contact for all rent and maintenance issues.

If your landlord has chosen our Let Only service then your landlord will be your first point of contact.

All relevant contact details will be provided to you prior to moving into the property.

Side Image 2

What is furnished or unfurnished?

Generally speaking, unfurnished means you bring all of your own belongings and if white goods are included, this will be displayed in the property advert. Furnished often includes all the essential furnishings required to move in straight away apart from minor kitchen equipment and bedding.

There may be variations on the level of furnishings and it is worth the time calling Quarters of Leeds directly to clarify.

Side Image 3

Can I leave the tenancy early?

You could be liable to legal action if you break the terms of the agreement early and you will be committed to paying rent until the end of the agreed term. Tenancy Agreements are a legally binding document but if your circumstances should change you should call your landlord or Quarters of Leeds to discuss any possible solutions.

Side Image 4

How much do you charge?

There are charges which may become due during the course of a tenancy. 

Side Image 5

Is insurance needed?

Quarters of Leeds recommend that you consider taking out an insurance policy against any damage you might accidentally cause to the landlord’s contents, buildings and fixtures and fittings.

The landlord covers the building and his own contents against normal perils such as fire, flood or theft but it is your responsibility to ensure that you have a suitable tenant’s contents insurance policy to cover your belongings.

Side Image 6

Are pets allowed?

The request for pets at the property is entirely down to each individual landlord’s preference. Please raise the issue early and we will approach the landlord with your request. Some landlords may stipulate a higher deposit in exchange for the acceptance of pets at the property

Side Image 7

What references are needed?

In order to process your application quickly and efficiently please provide the following in full:

  • Last 3 years address history
  • Employment reference
  • Landlord/Letting Agent reference
  • Photographic Identification
  • Original copies of last 3 months bank statements
  • Original copies of last 3 months pay slips
  • Confirmation of current residence (i.e. utility bill, council tax bill etc)
Side Image 8

What happens to my deposit?

If Quarters of Leeds are managing your property the deposit is held with The Deposit Protection Service (DPS). All deposits now have to be protected by law so if you are considering renting through a private landlord or another Agent, ensure you satisfy yourself that they are complying by asking them which Tenancy Deposit Scheme they are registered with.

Side Image 9

How do I pay my rent?

Rent is paid monthly in advance by standing order from your bank. If your circumstances change please notify us immediately so that we can then help you to protect your tenancy. The last thing we want is for you to fall into arrears.

Section Image

How much money do I need to move into a property?

Before you move into the property we require 1st month’s rent and deposit and 1st month’s rent in cleared funds.

Side Image 11

Who pays the council tax and other bills?

All utility bills are the tenant’s responsibility unless stated otherwise in the Tenancy Agreement. You must set up your accounts with your chosen suppliers upon moving in and close those accounts at the end of the tenancy.

Tenant Links

Tenant Maintenance

Cold Weather

Condensation Guide

Tenants FAQs

Tenancy Agreement

Tenant Downloads

Still have any questions?